This course will introduce the members of Municipal Development Forum to salient features of the local governments act, cap 243. The course explores on the following areas;
- The Purpose of the LGA, Cap 243
- Parts and schedules to the LGA, Cap 243
- Key Issues in the Local Governments LGA, Cap 243
- Local Government setup, functions and powers
- Powers devolved to Local Governments
The aim of the course is to enable participants internalize the critical provisions of the Law relating to the Local Government System in Uganda.